Professor; Mueunjae Endowed Chair Professor
Dept. Computer Science and Engineering
Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence
Adjunct professor at Dept. Mathematics
Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
Building 2, Room 233 77 Cheongam-Ro, Nam-Gu, Pohang
Gyeongbuk, Republic of Korea, ZIP: 37673
'firstname without firstname.lastname@example.org
+82 54 279 2387 +82 54 279 2299
point locations / geodesic convex hulls / Voronoi diagrams in dynamic polygonal environments / shape matching and shape approximation / fast algorithms for nearest neighbor search in high dimensions
Ph.D students - Mincheol Kim, Jongmin Choi, Seungjun Lee, Taehoon Ahn, Jaehoon Chung, Taekang Eom, Byeonguk Kang, Hwi Kim, Chaeyoon Chung
Master's students - Dahye Jeong, Chanyang Seo, Jiwoo Park
Students involved in undergraduate research - Jaegun Lee, Mook Kwon Jung
Ph.D. students - Dr. Wanbin Son, Dr. Hyesun Lee, Dr. Sang-Sub Kim, Dr. Jinwoo Park, Dr. Sanghoon Lee, Dr. Taesung Lee, Dr. Dongwoo Park, Dr. Yoonho Hwang, Dr. Hyunsuk Cho, Dr. Eunjin Oh, Dr. Sang Duk Yoon, Dr. Jinyoung Yeo, Dr. Sunghwan Kim
Master's students - BingBing Zhuang, Min-Gyu Kim, Seungjoon Lee
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications (CGTA) - CoEditor-in-Chief
Algorithmica - guest editor for the special issue of ISAAC 2021
Journal of Information Processing (JIP)
Interdisciplinary Information Sciences (IIS)
Selected Publications ( full list )
- A New Balanced Subdivision of a Simple Polygon for Time-Space Trade-off Algorithms.
- Voronoi Diagrams for a Moderate-Sized Point-Set in a Simple Polygon.
Discrete & Computational Geometry, 2019.
- Point Location in Dynamic Planar Subdivisions.
34th International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2018)
- A linear-time algorithm for the geodesic center of a simple polygon.
Discrete & Computational Geometry 56(4), pages 836-859, 2016. (on invitation, SoCG 2015)
- Reachability by paths of bounded curvature in a convex polygon.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, 45(1-2), pages 21-32, 2012.
- The Minimum Convex Container of Two Convex Polytopes under Translations.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, 77, pages 40-50, 2019. (on invitation, CCCG 2014)
- Overlap of Convex Polytopes under Rigid Motion.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 47(1), pages 15-24, 2014.
- A Generalization of the Convex Kakeya Problem.
Algorithmica 70(2), pages 152-170, 2014. (on invitation, LATIN 2012)
- Maximizing the Overlap of Two Planar Convex Sets under Rigid Motions.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 37, pages 3-15, 2007. (on invitation, ACM SoCG 2005)
- Product Quantized Translation for Fast Nearest Neighbor Search.
32nd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-18)
- Approximate Range Queries for Clustering.
34th International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2018), pages 62:1-62:14, 2018.
- An Improved Data Stream Algorithm for Clustering.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 48(9), pages 635-645, 2015.
- A Fast Nearest Neighbor Search Algorithm by Nonlinear Embedding.
25th IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2012)
- Convergent Bounds on the Euclidean Distance.
In Proc. 25th Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS 2011)
- MSSQ: Manhattan Spatial Skyline Queries.
Information Systems 40, pages 67-83, 2014.
- Spatial Skyline Queries: Exact and Approximation Algorithms.
GeoInformatica, 15(4), pages 665-697, 2011. (on invitation, SSTD 2009 Best Paper)
- Casting an Object with a Core.
Algorithmica 54(1), pages 72-88, 2009.
- Casting with Skewed Ejection Direction.
Algorithmica 44(4), pages 325-342, 2006.
- Separating an Object from its Cast.
Computer-Aided Design (CAD) 34(8), pages 547-559, 2002.
Advanced Algorithms (CSED536)
Discrete and Computational Geometry (CSED508/MATH570)